What you should bring
Clothing for any season, rain gear, fishing gear, beverages, camera, film, insect repellent, personal toilet items, snacks, and cooler.
If you are on the Housekeeping Package, you supply your own food, Vermilion Bay has several grocery stores for your convenience and you’re always welcome to join us in the dining hall if you desire.
Each person of legal age may import 24 cans of beer or 40 oz. of liquor, one carton of cigarettes. or 20 cigars. Vermilion Bay has a liquor replacement center. No handguns, pepper spray, or radar detectors.
Parents with under age children be sure and bring birth certificate, adults photo ID ok but doesn’t hurt to bring passport or birth certificate if you have one.
Hunters bring licenses from previous year or hunters safety certificate. Those of you who have not chosen the upgrade boat, guide, 4wd excursion, or fly-in options available should consider it. They will greatly enhance the experience of your Canadian adventure especially if you have not been to our waters before or only fish a few times a year.
We all know how much we love to fish and the joy it brings when we catch the big one. Whether you are a sports fisherman or enjoy fishing as a leisurely activity, Andy Myers Lodge is the place to be. We have the very best Eagle Lake Ontario Musky and Bass fishing trips available. We can accommodate a large group of people and will be there to handle any kind of fishing situation.
Here at Andy Myers Lodge we will provide you much of what you need for your Musky and Bass fishing trip. You may bring nite crawlers into Canada, no live leeches or minnows.
We have licenses, a tackle shop, and live bait available at camp. There are not many other places that can provide you with pretty much every kind of fishing gear that you’ll need. Our guests are only responsible for their own personal belongings.
What’s great about enjoying Ontario Canada bass and Musky fishing here at Andy Myers Lodge is that we’ve fished these waters for many years and know the exact and perfect locations for the most successful fishing trip. We have expert knowledge of the fish we’re fishing for, so you don’t have to worry about any time being wasted.
Once you’ve embarked on a fishing excursion with us, you’ll be coming back for years and years. Trust that our fishing trips and fun and stress free. We truly enjoy what we’re doing and we want that for our guests too. For the best Eagle Lake Musky and Bass fishing, call Andy Myers Lodge today, we look forward to fishing with you.
- WALLEYE – 6’ to 7’ spinning gear with 6-10# test line, optional bait casting gear with 10-12# test line for trolling and bottom bouncing, lindy rigs, spinner rigs and crawler harnesses (gold, silver, chartreuse, orange), jigs 1/16 to 1/2 oz., assortment of shallow and deep diver cranks (rainbow trout, silver, gold, perch or firetiger).
- BASS – 6’7’ spinning gear with 4-8# test line, tube jigs, twisters, #1-#3 french or vibrex spinners, topwaters, chuggers, cranks, small spinnerbaits, 4″ worms, craws, and slugos.
- LAKE TROUT – 7’- 9’ trolling rod with level wind reel and 10-14# test line, 6’ jigging rod with spinning or level wind and 10# test line, 1/2 – 2 oz. jigs (white, chartreuse) swedish pimples or kastmasters, cleos (1/4-3/4 oz.) and flutter spoons or suttons (bl/slvr, wh, chart), cow bells and flies, husky jerks and other cranks in blue/silver.
- NORTHERN PIKE – 6’ – 71/2’ spinning or casting rod with 12-17# test, 1/2 to 11/2 oz, wire lindy rigs and 1/4 – 3/4 oz jigs for live baiting, spinner baits, spoons, large cranks and jerks (fire tiger always good all around color for pike).
- MUSKIE – 6 1/2’ – 7 1/2’ rod with high quality casting reel and 27-36# mono or dacron or 60-80# super line, 7’ – 9’ trolling rod with level wind reel and 20-40# test dacron or 60-80# super line, 7’ – 9’ trolling rod with level wind reel and 20-40# test mono, 12″ – 20″ – 100# mono or wire leaders for casting and 36″ – 40″ for trolling, large net or cradle, file for sharpening hooks, a long tape measure spinnerbaits, bucktails, topwater, cranks, jerks, and rubberbaits (some bright gaudy colors for sunny and natural and darker colors for overcast or windy days).
Be sure to check out our fishing report board before coming up for latest info on patterns and lures to save time and long distance phone calls for both of us.